Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Folsom

Woohoo! Just got back from Folsom Street Fair and had a great time. Of course in keeping with the primary topic of this blog, I love Folsom mostly because of the opportunity for legal public nudity. Of course there are many other reasons too.

This time it was just me and the BF. We met up with two guys we had met at Folsom the year before that we've maintained contact with. One of them lives in Ft. Lauderdale and we've seen him once last year in FTL, once in Key West and twice while he was visiting and later passing through DC. The other one is from New Orleans. Although we hadn't seen him before, we had kept in touch. Once of them travels constantly and got a free room so we all stayed in the same room along with one other guy from New Orleans just a few blocks from the fair.

I love Folsom for the craziness. I love all the people we meet and get to know. I love the parties even though I'm not really into the circuit party thing. I love just meeting people in the bars south of Market like Powerhouse, Ramrod and the Eagle. I love the leather dress up and underwear (or not) dress down. I love walking naked in the streets.



6 comments:

Dean PSM.mcmlv said...

Sounds (and looks like a good time) ... nice pictures.

nudeindc said...

Definitely had a good time. I had been thinking that next year I'd skip Folsom and try to go to Dore Alley for the first time. However, I had such a good time that I just can't imagine not returning again next year.

Dallas Goodbar said...

I've always wanted to go. Where do you put your clothes? Wallet? Hotel room keys?

nudeindc said...

Obviously I'd recommend it. I normally go with very little to begin with. One year that meant a jockstrap but this year I had shorts and a tee. Then I put it into a backpack and pawn it off on a friend.

I found out this year that there's also an area that allows you to store bikes somewhere towards the middle of the fair. For $5 theres a bag check. See http://folsomstreetfair.org/sf_bike/ for more info.

Will said...

definitely seemis like a wonderful experience. I like the idea of the public lockers. Some beaches have that too, and you can use a combination lock and put everything inside. What a wonderful way to spend your vacation.

nudeindc said...

Funny thing is that I didn't know about the bag check until after the fair. The past 2 years I had someone carry my bag for me.

The crazy thing is that we went into Powerhouse, which was so crowded that we got separated. So I had lost my clothes for about an hour or so.