Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Timmy

Normally I have a very strict policy of not mentioning real people I meet on this blog by name, but... Well in actuality his name isn't Timmy, but anyway. Tonight was the high-heels race in nation's capitol. The Tuesday before each Halloween marks a race in high heels down DC's gay 17th street. It's always packed with people, gay and straight alike. It's more than just a drag race, it's a full out Halloween and drag fair.

Today we arrived about 1.5 hours before the race was scheduled to begin. Since this was the earliest we had ever arrived, I was actually pretty surprised by the number of people that were already lined up 1 and 1/2 hours before the race was set to begin. Oh yeah, did I mention that the high temperature for the day was an unseasonable 52 degrees? We side "hi" to the SW who volunteered as an event marshal and headed to JR's for pre-race drinks.

At JR's, we saw Timmy (not his real name). Timmy is a very cute 36 y/o that always talked to the BF during underwear night on Saturday at the GL. The last time the BF and I went to naked cocktails, I was surprised to see him there also. Honestly, he is quite the hottie. At the underwear parties he always talked to the BF and never to me. This night he said "hi" to the BF and the BF eventually introduced him to me... again. Conversation was interesting. We talked about many topics including the presidential elections. He's a conservative, but I won't hold it against too much him since I too have many conservatives leanings.

At some point during the evening he asked me if I kept a blog. Uh... ok. He then told me about things he remembered from the blog that of course I had forgotten that I had written about. Yes, my memory really is that bad. I remember the events of which I write, but not that I had written about them. Sometimes I actually forget the event itself. It's part of the reason I started the blog in the first place. Anyway... shock and surprise it really was this blog. Funny thing is that I've met quite a number of local people that have said that they've read my blog and this didn't bother me. I guess forgetting what I wrote does have it's privileges.

Anyway, after quite a good time with both a good conversationalist and a very cute guy, he said that I should write about him. I have a policy against writing anything that would definitively identify people except to themselves, but in this case... actually, I think I still managed to make him anonymous to all but himself and the BF pretty well.

Anyway, here's to you Timmy if you ever happen to read this. I enjoyed our time together together with you and the BF. Finally I've had the opportunity talk to you. I realize that I'm not your type and that's ok, but I think you're really attractive nonetheless. Here's to hoping it doesn't take 3 more months before you find someone to tickle.

1 comment:

Andrew S. Lewis said...

Thanks for the mention. It was good to see you, too. "Timmy" has decided that he needed a blog of his own. I finally got off my ass (no, wait, I've been sitting for the entire process) and created mine.
http://deliciouslycandid.blogspot.com/

I hope to see you soon. Preferrably in less layers than I wore the last time.

XO "Timmy"