Monday, July 19, 2010

IMEN

So I've been want to attend the IMEN Gathering and decided to go for the half-week option. So I arrived there on Wednesday right about 4:45p, which was perfect timing since the daily cocktail party was just getting into full swing.

So as I expected to, I had a great time. I didn't really attempt to find any DCers to go with, but I did expect that I'd probably see a couple of people I knew. However, I was really surprised by just how many people there were from the DC area. I wouldn't be surprised if there were 20 DC guys there. I also ran into a couple of I know from Baltimore as well as folks that I had previously seen or met at GNI.

Overall, the experience is kind of a scaled-down version of the GNI Gathering, which is exactly what I had expected.  There certainly less people, but again that was expected. I would have to say that the average of the attendees was skewed older.

So things I enjoyed most:
  • As with GNI, the cocktail parties were great. I did dress up at 3 of the 4 parties that I attended. They especially liked it when I dressed in a tutu, knee-high patent leather boots and a fish net top for the Rocky Horror themed day.
  • I loved the overall vibe that was filled with acceptance and friendliness. Of course that are traits that tend to permeate naked events in general and a large part of what drew me into nudism in the first place.
  • I love how just hanging around in a group of naked guys for extended periods of time tends to break down the walls that we normally erect between us. I love just being able to be in the company of another beautiful person (not necessarily physical), and to experience the closeness and sharing of souls that transpires.
  • I love to see the older men smiling and having fun as if they were teenagers. There was one guy there who was probably close to 70 or more and shuffled his feet as he slowly walked. But if you could see him cut up the dance floor night after night, you would think that he was 20 years younger.
The days were beautiful even if a little hot and humid. Fortunately, I spent most of the daytime hours around the pool so the heat wasn't even an issue. I spent quite a bit of time with a guy who's a dominant in the S&M scene and his friend who came down for a day and a half. So I got my first experience as a sub although he made sure to tell me how poor of a job I was doing. It was actually fun play although I'm not sure I could do that full-time. I also met a beautiful guy from New York with whom I spent quite a bit of time. He was incredibly sweet, affectionate and had the most beautiful bubble-butt. We cuddled quite a bit, but it never really progressed further than that.

As for events, I participated in the Family Feud as well as the celebrity auction, where I fetched on of the highest prices. They were raising money for scholarships for next year's event for members that can't financially afford to come. I also dressed for some of the themed cocktail parties including Rocky Horror (pictured above), leather and Star Wars.

As I expected I had a great time and would do it again.

1 comment:

Roger Poladopoulos said...

Great costume, buddy! Glad that you had a great time! Goes to show, anything done naked is fun!