Sunday, May 2, 2010

Palm Springs

We arrived in Palm Springs just about two days ago. This is my first trip and was on my list of places that I wanted to go. The BF, two other friends are all here staying at Inn Exile for the week. Serendipitously we ran into B&J, a couple of gay boys that live in the DC area that we've known for a few years. As it turns out, they're staying at the same resort and their room is directly across from ours.

The first day the temperature was in the 60s, but got up into the 80s and 90s for the remainder of our trip. We stayed at Inn Exile, which was OK. On Sunday we day-tripped over at All Worlds Resort, which I liked a whole lot better. If I go back I think I'll probably stay there next time. At All Worlds, one of my travelling companions ran into someone he knows from DC. We let us put our things in his room and supplied us with liquor for the day. He also showed me the red light room, which had a sling and was surprisingly packed to be 5pm on a Sunday.

On Friday early evening we went to Wang's in the Dessert, which we were told is the place to be. The place was absolutely packed, drinks were only $2 and the people were extremely friendly. On Sunday we went over to Barracks up in Cathedral City for the beer bust which was a also a lot of fun. I wore my leather football pants and thought about stripping down to a jockstrap, but didn't. We also briefly went over to CCBC, but two of my companions weren't feeling it so we only stayed for about half an hour.

When I returned, a friend of mine asked me to compare it to Ft. Lauderdale. I had a hard time answering because they're so similar and yet so different, but I'm going to make another attempt here. FTL has Haulover Beach, which is a definite plus. That said, much of the daytime activities in Palm Springs revolve around the resorts so there seems to be moreactivity there. I think I'd have to say I like both, but perhaps I liked Palm Springs just a little bit more. Also, the dry air, lack of mosquitoes and predictable weather during the winter are also big pluses.


2 comments:

Roger Poladopoulos said...

Great pics, my friend and I agree with you: Palm Springs does have the edge over FTL.

nudeindc said...

I agree Roger. We're considering going back in November for gay pride and leather weekend, which happens the week after gay pride. Not sure though since we still have unused FTL tickets that expire next February...