Sunday, May 30, 2010

Whatsa Nudist?

After two years of having this blog I thought this might be a good topic. The truth is that if you ask twenty self-professed nudist this question you'll likely get as many answers. I was at a party recently where someone was remarking on the difference between a nudist and a "true nudist" as if there were some kind of purity test. Such distinctions are often made within the community and I won't even start on the distinctions that we create between nudists and naturists. Here are some of the distinctions that I've heard:

1. Nudism don't have sex.

2. True nudists hate wearing clothes and want to be naked all the time.

3. Nudists are always naked when at home.

For the record, I did consult Merriam-Webster's and it said:
Nudism: The practice of going nude, esp. in places that allow sexually mixed groups, in the belief that such practice benefits health.
Useless, so let's move on...

What is nudism to me? Well I like to keep things very simple, so a nudist is anyone that enjoys being naked in the company in social settings.

3 comments:

Dean PSM.mcmlv said...

I agree being naked in social settings ... I also enjoy being naked out-of-doors, in the ocean and swiming in pools. Usually naked 99% of the time at home.

Roger Poladopoulos said...

So true! In a room full of naturists/nudists, I doubt that you'll find any two who agree. Social nudity seems to be the norm. Peace!

Anonymous said...

I very comfortable in the world of being a senior male nudist..... Plus I love sleeping naked every night....I love the freedom of being clothes free, and in the morning I find I can do more things. However by 2 PM it naptime for me.I had a chance to live naked at our cottage for a few weeks... My our problem was I burn my penis... Because I forgot put sun tan lotion on it