Thursday, January 22, 2009

Lull

It's been a while since I've last posted, but my brain still runs rampant. I've noticed something recently that has somehow escaped me until now. During the past few weeks I've been completely taken aback by the number of people that have spoken to me about being sad or depressed. Some were friends, others acquaintances while others complete strangers.

I wondered how I had missed such feelings in others for so long when it finally hit me. It was no accident that it all happened around the holiday season. I always feel so helpless and hurt when I see someone else hurting. It pains me when I know that I cannot fix everything and bring the smiles back. All I can do is listen because that is something that we all need now and then.

1 comment:

creating my life said...

hi, i was hoping for a post about what u did during the obama inauguration day. or did u decide not to bother with it and stay in or got out of town to avoid the crowds?
as for hearing more people saying they are depressed, it is not surprising. it is this time when bills from the christmas binge comes in, and tax returns have to be sent in. not to mention the constant news in the papers and tv, radio of doom and gloom about the economy . personally no one i know tells me they are depressed. but then, i am not like u, lending a sympathetic ear to them. haha. so maybe they realise it is no use telling me about it. haha.