Sunday, February 15, 2009

BSG

I just finished watching the latest, tivo'd episode of Battlestar Galactica and all I can say is wow! The first episode was slow, kinda like a warm up and the second and third were ok. Last week was the first good episode, but when taken together with this week's episode, I remember why I really love it all.

But before continuing... So I wanted to thank BSG for having the courage to make webisdoes of a gay main character just before they reveal him as a spiteful, misguided, treasonous asshole. Thanks a lot, that took courage.

Now onto this week. I kinda figured from the beginning that Sam would die (DAMN THEM!), or at least lose his new memories. I mean if he didn't, then we'd know everything and what would be the point of any more episodes right? One thing I've always loved about BSG is its ability to actually continue to progress the storyline without losing its appeal. I have to admit that I doubted a little at the start of this season, but once again I am a full believer.

2 comments:

Ian said...

OMG Vince. Vince! VIIIIIIINCE! I swear I've watched the latest episode 6 times since Friday. By far, this was the best ep of the final 10. Last week was a heartbreaker because I loved Felix. No love loss for Zarek though. Hated him from the beginning.

Where to start with this week? Sam. SAM! Is he dead? The producers said the last 10 eps were gonna be DARK and you would never want to watch the show again by series end, so Sam might have bit the big one.

I have much more respect for Ellen Tigh now. She seems more benevolent and not the slut they portrayed her early on. I guessed last season too, that Brother Cavil/John, knew more about the Final Five than he was letting on.

Oh and can you believe Tory and Galen were lovers? Ew. Galen (Aaron Douglas) is the man, but excuse me, Tory is a murderous cow. What's he gonna do when he finds out Tory offed Cally?

Answer me this though.... Are all the remaining Sixes, Leobens, and Eights currently with the Colonial Fleet? There's no more with Cavil's brigrade, other than Boomer, who now escaped with Ellen?

And why is it we NEVER see Simon, the only Black Cylon?!?!? He's hot.

So what happens from here? I found out there is a movie that happens after the final 10 episodes, supposedly wraps things up further to the series before the prequel, Caprica, starts in 2010....

You Will Know The Truth! Hmph? I wonder what the final secrets are gonna blow us away????

Ian

nudeindc said...

I really hope Sam isn't dead. I thought he and Gaeta were the best looking, so I'm losing all of my eye-candy in one episode.

I'm really curious about the 7, Daniel. I'm sure that's going to come into play somehow big. I think the whole Ellen story is brilliant. It's nice to see a show that was well thought out and not just being made up along the way. 4 days 'til the next ep.