Monday, February 2, 2009

Incoherent Blatherings About Boring Stuff

Today was a great day. It just felt great. The temperature got up to an unseasonable 60 degrees and the BF and I started the day by going out to a local diner for breakfast. Later, I decided to break my 2 month tennis hiatus a little earlier than planned. I went out and hit for about an hour and a half. Of course I was pretty rusty, but what really shocked me was that I was way more winded that I thought I should've been. Wow, how fast I can get out of shape!

Later the BF and I went to Results to work out. I'm pretty even keeled emotionally, but I've noticed that strenuous, physical exercise always has a positive impact on my demeanor. I felt great. I sure hope my tennis elbow doesn't return so that I can start playing regularly again.

Last night I got a call from Kitty. Kitty is a mixed-race black guy (yes, he's a guy), and he wanted to meet up for an early dinner at CPK. The BF and I met up with him and his best friend D. D is supposedly straight and I actually believe him even if he seems more gay than most gay guys do. I think he's probably mostly straight with a little sugar added for good measure. D had changed his hair style to a mohawk and was looking way better than I had remembered.

After dinner we all went back to our place for drinks and conversation and in-between watched the Lost marathon playing on G4. I had never watched this channel and found their channel promotional spots pretty funny and slightly disturbing. The pop-up chat room was also a little weird since it always pops up just when you're really getting into the show. Later we all took out my extensive sexy underwear collection and played dress-up because Kitty told us that he had never wore a thong. D was walking around in a yellow jockstrap and a straw hat and looked hilarious. It was a fun night.

Friday night I had invited a different 20-something friend to join us a Cobalt. He pretty much acted like an ass from the moment he walked in and committed one of my cardinal sins, which is being rude to a good friend of mine. The fact that he was rude to a friend is beside the point, I just have a problem with people that don't consider others enough to treat them as a living being. I winded up kind of letting him sulk in a corner for a while, until he finally decided he would engage and pulled me upstairs. Not going into details, but as I thought about it the following day, I appreciated his behavior even much less. I actually did have a good time, mainly because I left him to sulk alone for a while. Later that night we ate and went to JRs, where I had a really good time talking with Jack. He's such a cute sweetie so I always enjoy talking with him.

I fear that the local nude scene seems to have slacked a little recently. I hope that it's just be the weather. The bi-weekly cocktail party may be in danger. Currently I think there's one scheduled for next Saturday, so I guess we'll find out then how's it going. The last party was a little dampened because the establishment were it is held have some business licensing fears and clamped down on physical contact. I understand the no sex or sex acts rules, but they pretty much stopped all contact below the nipples. One of the things that I love about all male nudity is the openness and lack of hangups, but this is severely dampened if you have to be more guarded nude than you would've been in a normal clothed gay setting. Oh well. It was hard for me to relax in that atmosphere, but after a while I did and actually enjoyed it.

Lastly back to tennis, I loved Nadal's win at the Australian open. I just can't get enough of him. I always route against Federer, but it was really kind of hard watching him cry like that. I really felt for him.

No comments: