Saturday, February 14, 2009

Friday Night Out With the Boys

Had a fun night last night. A chef from Ireland was visiting town and the Social Whore had pre-woof cocktails in his honor. There were probably about 15 or 20 of there and we all had a good time just talking and laughing. It's a good group of guys and I love all of them.

Afterwards, we went to woof, but didn't really stay too long given the late start. Later we had dinner at Annies. Since Ziegfield's/Secrets was having their grand opening this weekend, four of us decided to try to go there. I figured that this was a bad idea when I saw that the line went all the way down the block. Then I knew just how bad it was when we realized that the line actually wrapped around the block and went another block. We bailed. The BF and I went to Omega.

At Omega I talked to several people I know and several I didn't. One guy in particular approached me soon after I arrived. He immediately berated Donna Summer's video, then disparaged everyone in the bar. I thought nice to meet you too. He returned later and as soon as he opened his mouth, frivolous negativity came pouring out again. He then started to look at good-looking black guy there that was being very friendly with a cutie Latino. Shamelessly he stood besides them in an overt attempt to lure the black guy away.

I don't really understand this, or perhaps I do and just don't like it. First, I find it both interesting and a little sad that someone who obviously craves human contact repels it so strongly by putting out such negativity. He said these things to me because he was interested in me. I can only wonder what he says to people he doesn't like. Secondly, it showed lack of life perspective to elevate the trivial failings he did as if they were monumental affairs. Third, I was taken by the shamelessness and complete lack of respect for others. Does he have any idea how his actions directly negatively impact that which he seems to want most? I don't think so, but I wish him the best.

No comments: