Sunday, February 8, 2009

Saturday Fun


This Saturday there was a party out at a couple's home in Maryland. They host periodic parties in their home. In the summer the parties start earlier with lots of beautiful naked men having fun by the pool and eating barbecue. During the colder months, the parties occur in their basement where they have a bigger and more professional setup than most commercial bars. The place is perfect for these parties.

With about 80 RSVP'd people, turnout was good. There was as much fun to be had as one could hope for, but that's not why I enjoyed it so much. I love the ambiance. I love it when people are open and accepting and engaged. Perhaps places where anything can happen brings out such openness, or perhaps it only attracts that are already open. Either way, I love it.

When I meet people, I often smile and ask "can I have a hug", then give them my most sincere, big hug. Why do I do this? Because we've all learned how to protect ourselves from the outside world too well, and a hug is one of the few socially accepted ways of piercing that veil ever so slightly. For me, it is my way of non-sexually inviting others into my space with warmth and acceptance.

Yesterday's party was great, because I hugged so many. Of course I don't just mean hugged, but sat with them and talked. Commiserated about the bad and laughed at the good. Last night I probably met about 20 new people or more. But more importantly I spent quality time in which we shared a little of ourselves together without about 7 or 8 people.
  • I remember the young, very thin black guy (~24 y/o). I watched him over the course of the evening go from shy and fully clothed to stark naked. I remember his beautiful lips as we kissed goodbye.

  • I remember the guy who has lived in various parts of South America and Europe for extended periods of time. We talked a lot in Spanish and discussed various aspects of Latin American as well as Spanish (from Spain) culture.

  • I remember talking to the two who come in from Philadelphia and Wilmington. I had seen around several times before.

This is what I love about nudism: the openness it inspires in each of us.

3 comments:

D.J. said...

I went to a few parties myself when I lived in Chicago and it is hard for anyone in the setting to stay clothed. Oh how I miss them! I even went to a naked bowling party once, have you ever done that?

nudeindc said...

I haven't been naked bowling, but definitely would be up to it. Sounds like fun, but of course being in the buff makes everything that much more fun.

D.J. said...

It does indeed!