Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Update

Last weekend with my cousin and his partner was fun. He's a full 8 years older than me, so we weren't really in the same age group growing up. I was much closer to his younger brother. This being the first time that we hanged out together in gay settings, we both found ourselves reverting back to early childhood memories of each other. He still remembers me as the 3 year old that hates getting his hair and fingernails cut and is so quiet. I guess we were both in somewhat of a time warp.

I haven't played tennis in almost two weeks now as a result of trying to play when I should have been recuperating. After getting an excruciating cortisone injection in my wrist last week I think I just might be ready to hit a few tentative balls this week.

Looking forward to the weekend away naked this weekend with friends. I think it'll be good for us. I've been feeling kinda blah these past 2 days, which very well might be related to being less physically active than normal. Anyway, the idea of being nude in a beautiful pool, on lots of land, with really good friends and absolutely nothing to worry about sounds just about perfect right now.
I received an email yesterday tell me that this weekends will be the Bay-2-Breakers race in San Fran. I'm a little disappointed that I'll not be able to go. Oh well, there's always next year.

Another friend has decided to visit me while I'm in Barcelona bringing the total to 4 plus possibly one more. The BF is decisionally-challenged and still hasn't decided even though I fly in just four weeks. Now I'm researching my communications alternatives so that I can still communicate with the BF as well as with others for work by phone. I was thinking to register for a Vonage SoftPhone, but hadn't realized that the Vonage free calls to Europe was to landlines only. So now my backup plan is get a free Skype account for the BF and a paid account for myself. Then I'll forward my local cell phone to my paid Skype account. It should allow me to (a) talk to the BF for free, (b) receive calls and voice mails placed to my normal cell phone number, (c) place calls to people back in the states.

No comments: