Thursday, May 7, 2009

Pre-Weekend Update

One of my older cousins is visiting this weekend along with his long-term partner. It should be pretty good seeing them as we haven't seen each other in the past 3 or 4 years. I think (but not sure) that he's pretty conservative, so I'll be skipping some of the activities this weekend. A friend just moved into a new place with his partner and is hosting naked cocktails early Friday evening and another friend is doing something similar on Saturday. I think we'll skip those.

The weather has sucked for a week now, but in selfish kind of way, that's been good. My wrist has been hurting so I wouldn't have been able to play any tennis so the weather has made me feel like I haven't missed anything. I just came back from the orthopedist and he gave me a shot of cortisone, so hopefully that allows me to get back on the court by early next week.

Here's a story... I work at a very small company and we had hired a new guy about a month ago. Since we share office space with a larger company so our offices are not really that close to each other. Combine that with the fact that he works in a different group and I work from home some days and you can see why we hadn't spent much time together.

So we run into each other in the kitchen one day while I was getting the obligatory morning coffee. The conversation went something like this:

Coworker: So you had a good weekend?

Me: (Thinking for a moment and remembering that I had gone to party that weekend. I didn't post anything about it, but had written posts about other times I had at the same time here and here and others) Actually I did. I went to a party that was quite
enjoyable.

Coworker: I love parties, but prefer house parties to parties in bars.

Me: Totally agree. This was a house party at a place where the owners
love hosting and specifically organized their basement for hosting
parties.

Coworker: Where was the party?

Me: Maryland.

Coworker: (neighborhood name redacted)?

Me: Err.... Uh.... No. (ok, I lied)

Coworker: Because I went to a party in that neighborhood once. There were
so many guys I couldn't believe it!

Me: Okay, gotta go.

He obviously knew. I guess I just wasn't prepared, but I did tell him that it was indeed the place he was thinking of. Anyway, I thought it was kind of funny.

1 comment:

Ian said...

Dude, I love hearing about your weekend parties, good for a smile!