Saturday, February 20, 2010

Political Lies

I know... the title is a little redundant. Anyway, I came across this graph the other day and thought it striking.


Now, I don't want to read too much into this graph, because I'm not sure that the start of the recession is all Bush's fault any more than I believe that the turnaround in-progress is completely Obama's doing (although as unpopular as they were, I think the bank bailout brought us back from the brink of disaster and stimulus probably helped bend the curve a little).

My only point is that saying the opposite is disingenuous and hurts our nation in that when all of the political discussion by the supposed experts and leaders focus on known lies, solely for political gain, it obfuscates the real issues and discussions that must take place.

No comments: