Sunday, June 15, 2008

Show Your Pride

This week was the Capital Pride parade and festival in the nation's capital. The BF and I had an invitation to get out of the city to hang out nude at a friend's country home with a heated pool and hot tub. In the end we decided to stay in town and went to the parade. The parade was basically the same as every year, but that's fine with me because I always feel a sense of connectedness when I go. I know... I think that's corny has hell too, but hey, it's the truth.

After the parade, we walked down to 17th street and had a few drinks. It was such a zoo, but I loved it. Later that night, after returning home to don a pair of skivvies, we went to the underwear night at the Green Lantern before continuing on to the Eagle. I actually had quite a good time. There's something about Pride weekend that seems to bring out the best in people. Or maybe that's just because everyone starts drinking earlier than normal.

No comments: