Thursday, June 26, 2008

Beauty


What is it about the male form that speaks to us so? A beautiful mountain scene may take my breath away and I can be enraptured by a starry night sky, but nothing speaks to me in the same way as does the hard, yet gentle curves of the male body. Undeniably, it stirs up such feelings of longing, desire and appreciation, and yet the scientist within me causes me to ask why.

Let's start with the obvious... Like many, I love the curve of a man's ass. I love to see how his chest drapes across his frame. I love to catch someone as the reach up and unknowingly expose that all so vulnerable spot between their waist and naval, revealing tufts of hair that hints at what might lie below. But also I like other parts that are probably a little less commonly appreciated. If you turn so away from me so that I am looking at you from behind, but slightly to the side, I love the curve that extends from the top of the butt up through the love handles and the small of a man's back. I love beauty of perfectly shaped calves and a muscular back. But why?

Honestly I have no idea. I have a little dog named Bubu (pronounced Booboo). As cute as he is, he has never invoked such profound feelings within me. Nor has babies, females or anything else for that matter. Is it pheromones? Is it some inane wiring that was placed within each of us long ago? I have no idea. But I am nonetheless grateful for even glimpses that provoke desires never to be fulfilled and remind us that we are truly alive.

2 comments:

Ian said...

I don't know what it is either, but let's hope that fire I feel when I see a vision of male beauty never wanes!

Great post GNDC!

blackscorpion said...

"I love to catch someone as they reach up and unknowingly expose that all so vulnerable spot between their waist and naval, revealing tufts of hair that hints at what might lie below." when this happens to me I am like a dear caught in a night light. Nothing is more beautiful...correction lol, yes there is.