Sunday, June 7, 2009

Barcelona Day 2

Today I took it easy. I woke up around 2pm and was out by 3. I had nowhere in particular to go. That's part of the charm of these vacations. I figured I'd explore the area of Borne near my apartment. Afterwards I figured I'd either walk over to Las Ramblas (not my favorite part of town) or down to the beach. I stumbled upon a festival for Borne and watched the live music for a while, then decided for the beach.

I walked to the beach. First I just walked up beach on the sand. Toward the end of the beach was the nude section as I had been told. I disputed either buying a towel and laying out in the sun or leaving and returning another day. Well I'm the "do" kinda guy so I returned to the entrance and bought a towel, which I needed anyway since I hadn't brought one with me from DC. As I walked back towards the nude section a guy was staring at me. I had noticed that he had stared at me coming and going when I had first walked the beach. We exchanged "hi"s and I set my towel next to his. His name was Jesse (Jesi) and he's an immigrant from Columbia. He didn't know any English so we conversed in Spanish. I immediately dropped my shorts and got naked before I even remembered that I had not yet reached the nude part of the beach. Oh well. We stayed there and talked for about an hour and a half before returning. We shared a bus and decided we'd go to the beach again on Monday.

Once again I was completely exhausted by 9pm so I took a nap. Perhaps I haven't quite yet fully adjusted to the time difference. I awoke at 11:30pm. I tried to decide to go either to Dietrich, where I had gone numerous times on my prior trip or to New Chaps, where I've never been. Since it was late by the time I left, I decided on Dietrich and afterwards to a club called Martins (most dance clubs don't even open until 3am). I had a couple of drinks on Dietrich before walking the 1/4 block to Punto. At Punto I met Luis. We talked (in Spanish) until closing time, which was 3am. He was supposed to meet up with friends at the club Metro, which I had gone to various times before and really liked. In the end we didn't go to Martins nor Metro but forged our own agenda. He wants to meet me again on Wednesday for happy hour at Punto.

I still haven't heard anything regarding the details for the World Naked Bike Ride that's supposed to be taking place here next week. I guess I'll keep trying.

3 comments:

DN said...

Don't forget to take pics and post them.

nudeindc said...

One downside of traveling alone is that it is very difficult to take pictures of yourself. I have taken a few (very few) of the city though. I'll try to take more and when my friends arrive in a couple of weeks I'll co-opt them for the task.

Ian said...

Why I be ignorant if I confessed how jealous I am of you right now?????