Monday, June 8, 2009

Barcelona Day 4

Today was the first day of classes. To my surprise one of the instructors recognized me from when I attended classes a year ago. By the end of the day I had seen 3 of my prior teachers. The new building is definitely a lot nicer that the old one and, thank god, the air conditioning works much better.

After classes I returned to my room to work for a while. I should've worked more, but I quit after just about an hour and a half. I guess I made up for it though since I did work a few hours on Sunday. Afterwards, I headed back to the beach where I laid out naked and met a French immigrant named Nico. We talked for about two hours.

Amongst other things, he asked me who I think was responsible for 9/11. He said he thinks it was the CIA or perhaps the FBI. What I found curious is that I can recall exactly 4 conversations with people who firmly believed this and 3 of them were in BCN. One of them had been born and raised in Brooklyn, whom I met on my last trip. I guess my point isn't so much about what is or isn't true, but rather the differences in perspective based upon where one lives. Towards the end of our conversation the wind changed and it got a little chilly. As I left, he told me, "you're very powerful when naked". I'm not sure exactly what he meant, but thought it was a weird/interesting comment.

I still haven't heard anything from the World Naked Bike Ride people, however I did find a place from which I could rent a bike. I also determined that in past years the ride started at La Placa Universitat. I still have no idea if this is the official meet up place or of the time.

No comments: