Saturday, June 20, 2009

Week in Review

Picture of the small square/plaza just steps from my apartment.

The first friend from back home arrived yesterday about 6 hours after the scheduled time due to weather problems, mechanical issues and just about everything else. He was pretty wiped out. For our first day, we walked around the city quite a bit, ate at a great pizza place (don't say it, I know) that I like and had a drink. Later that evening we went to Punto and Dietrich for drinks where we met a sweet guy named Max. Later Max accompanied us to Arena, where I was supposed to meet up with Jesi, a guy I had met at the beach. We got home at 4am and slept in until 2pm. I'm thinking we'll probably go to the beach today.

Other people I've met in the past few days...

On Sunday I met up with a guy I had met named Jose Luis at Punto. I stayed there we chatted with his group of friends. He insisted on driving me home, probably at an attempt to preserve my purity, but I declined. After an internal debate, I decided to go to Open Mind. I entered and got naked. It wasn't naked night, but nudity is always part of the dress code there. It was a lot more fun that I would've expected for a Sunday night. I met a beautiful, thin Spanish boy as well as a visiting French/Irish/English guy named Hakim. Hakim is gorgeous and fairly kinky. We put on a show at Open Mind and left together. We walked around for a bit looking for some place to get a beer. We didn't find any place, but honestly our search was lack luster since we were really just talking. At the end, we went to his hotel, which was on Avenida de Roma and just a block and a half from my school. It was daylight by the time we went to sleep. When my alarm rang in the morning, I got up to turn it off and got right back into bed missing school. Later, around noon, we left together in search of food. Afterwards he came to my place for another round. He left around 4pm because I desperately had to work. He called later that evening. Since he was leaving the next day, he wanted me to stop by on way to school.

On Tuesday I met a guy named Xavi. Xavi is a tall, good-looking and well-gifted Catalan guy although he didn't grow up in the city. We met a Boyberry, which is a story in itself. Afterwards, we left together and walked the city talking. Then we ate and had a few drinks at a quite outdoor cafe in the gay district. Xavi is full of depressing life stories. I told him that he owes me some happy stories. At the end of the evening he walked me home and stayed the night.

On Wednesday I went to naked night at La Base, which was fun as usual. I had worn my leather football pants that I had bought at IML. As if being black in this city doesn't already make me stand out, you have to imagine me taking the metro and walking the street in these things. I got stopped in the streets twice this night by people trying to pick me up. The first one was a guy named Alberto who felt me up, pinched my nipples and gave me his card. The second approached me as I left La Base at 2 AM. He said he lived across the street and invited me up. I said I shouldn't, but did. His apartment was extremely luxurious and very large. He was an Irishman living and working in Barcelona for the past 10 years.

On Thursday I met Daro. He is an incredibly cute 23 year old medical student from Venezuela. We caught a cab back to my apartment and he stayed the night. When the alarm clock rang the next morning for school, I really wasn't feeling up to it so I missed classes for the second day this week.
Germany Update: So far I have been able to find cheap tickets to Franfurt, but nothing to Berlin for under 300 Euros.

1 comment:

DN said...

I'm envious. You're having so much fun. I wanna go to Barcelona too. :)