Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Burning Man



I've always heard of Burning Man and wanted to go. The past 5 years of my life I've forced myself wish less and do more so I really considered going in 2010. That said it seems like such a daunting task because:
  • The GNI Naked Gathering is the week prior so I'll already be out of work and vacationing for a week prior to Burning Man. The biggest issue however is rushing to get back to DC, get all my stuff in order and fly out west the very next day.
  • Since you have to take everything you need with you, I'd have to bring all my food, clothing and 12 gallons of water. How do I even carry 12 gallons of water without a car?
  • I like the idea of 'surviving' the wild, but let's face it I'm a native-NYC boy. Now I went camping as a boy on several occasions but I'd feel much better doing such a large thing like this with someone else for support.
For these reasons I'm beginning to doubt whether I'll be going next year. This wouldn't be too terrible since I have a friend in Baton Rouge that has been trying to get me down to New Orleans for Southern Decadence during that same weekend. Besides, New Orleans wouldn't be bad at all since every time I've been with him has always been tremendously fun in the absolute worst kind of way.













2 comments:

Jose Naked said...

Totally enjoyed your blog. I'm a life time learner of Spanish and a nudist. Nice to meet ya.

nudeindc said...

Entonces mucho gusto MJ y me allegro que te gusta mi blog.