Monday, December 21, 2009

Return of Super Nekkid Saturday

Super nekkid Saturday are those weekends when multiple nude parties occur on the same day. Of course I love the chance to bare all for (nearly) the entire day. I've written about prior super nekkid Saturdays here and here.

This particular Saturday started with us going to a baby shower. A gay couple that are friends of ours have been working to adopt/surrogate for at least over a year now. Well, just about a month ago their baby girl was born and she's is absolutely adorable. The funny thing is in all of their pictures they look completely haggard and utterly frightened. That said, I think gay couples are generally way more prepared for children then straight couples because they have to work at it so long and hard. All I'm saying is generally speaking most gay couples don't have "accidents".

After the shower was the naked cocktails. I can say how glad I am that these monthly events have returned to DC. Once again we had about 100 naked guys there on a Saturday afternoon. Anyone who's ever thinking of participating in a naked event, but is feeling apprehensive, this is a great event to come to.

Directly from naked cocktails we went to a naked holiday party hosted by one of the members up in southern Maryland. He has a terrific place nicely on a nicely secluded lot. About 100 guys showed up there too. I've been to two other parties that he's hosted before, but they were typically smaller parties of 30 or so where he only invited people he knew. This party was open to the full membership of one of the local nudist groups. There was light food, a great selection of wines, beers and spirits. Have I mentioned the naked men?

Why do I love being naked with others so much? Well, aside from the obvious reasons I'd like to share a message that was posted on the message board of one of the nudist groups I belong to (identity removed). This was submitted in response to an open question regarding the gay communities tendency to treat each other harshly based on appearance or perceived worth or lack there of. Here's the response:

It's a funny thing about looks and how people judge us. I'm not a horrible looking guy. But I'm certainly not great looking. Am also 45, hairy and about 50 pounds overweight. Have I encountered rejection in clothed social situations? YES. Many times. I do feel I look better clothed than naked.


In clothes free situations, I experience rejection far less. This is true of a variety of clothes free groups. Why? Have no idea.
My sentiments exactly. At both of the parties as well as in Key West and every other naked party everyone intermingles far more than I see at almost any other open gathering of people. The young with the old, the trim with the rotund. This is community at its best.


No comments: