Saturday, November 8, 2008

Cherub


Last night the BF, Social Whore and I went out for our usual Friday evening Woof event and after, to dinner. Surprisingly, SW wanted to continue the night as opposed to turning into a pumpkin as he usually does at 9pm so we went to Omega.

As we were in the cab (5 blocks was too long for SW to walk, so he insisted on it), we drove past the Jury's hotel. It reminded me of a good friend from the past that used to live in Lynchburg. He drove up just about every other week for about a year and a half to see his boyfriend. We met them at Fuego over 3 years ago when Fuego was still on U street. Not realizing that it was 11 PM already, I called him. His phone went straight to voicemail so I left a message.

When we got to Omega, I was actually not really in a good mood. After standing around for about a half hour, I decided to walk around and ran into the Cherub. I call him that because that best describes his face. He is Latino and has a beautiful, slim-build body. I hadn't seen or heard from the Cherub in about 2 years. He seemed a little down and longed for his old boyfriend, but said that his boyfriend won't even return his phone calls. From talking to his boyfriend every once in a while I can tell you that he still loves Cherub to death. There relationship was very cute, but more drama than Broadway could ever produce. The honest truth is that although I love them both, they're probably not good for each other, at least not given where they were in their lives 2 years ago. Of course I would never tell them that though.

Anyway, seeing the Cherub brightened my night. When he asked what we have been up to, I related the long story of our decent (or is ascent) into nudism. He seemed to like that and wanted to join too, but I don't know. I can just see them getting back together in the future and my Lynchburg friend being upset that I had corrupted the Cherub. I guess it really doesn't matter though because he doesn't even have a phone. It's part of the tragic life that he leads, which had a lot to do with their breakup. He said he'd call me and seemed like he meant it, but honestly, he doesn't have a good track record with such things.

Still, I was really happy to see him and to spend time reminiscing and catching up on all that had happened since. It'll likely be another 2 years before we meet again, but at least we all shared one true moment.

No comments: