Sunday, April 13, 2008

Being Black and a Nudist

A friend of mine recently asked me about the unique issues and experiences of being both black and a nudist. Well honestly I don't feel qualified to answer this because although I've been black my whole life, I have only recently been introduced to nudism. Nonetheless, I think it might be interesting to chronicle my thoughts on this topic so that I can see how the change (or not) over time.

At this point, the real answer to this question is, I really don't know. I'll start here. As I've stated before, I do love to be naked and I love to be watched. Most of the nudist gatherings that I've attended so far have had few people of color in attendance. This includes Asians, Latinos, blacks and others. For example, at the naked cocktail party there are typically less than 5 blacks (including myself) out of a total of about 120 attendees. Considering the demographics of the Washington, DC area, blacks are significantly under represented at these events. That said, no one has ever made me feel uncomfortable because of my color.

One thing I will say is that when I am at such gatherings, I do get a good amount of attention. Is this because of the mysterious sexual power of a black male dis-robed? I have no idea but I certainly don't feel like I have any special powers. I think for the attention I get has a lot more to do with the size of my dick than anything. People look and snigger, but like I said... I love to be watched. I was discussing this with my BF (he's Latino) and he assures me that he thinks that black men certainly do hold a certain sexual status in our society. I find that hard to believe, but what the hell do I know.

No comments: