Friday, April 11, 2008

Blogger Advice Needed

Ironically, this is something I have a little problem with. Usually, I get a little uncomfortable talking about myself too much, and yet I have this blog. Honestly, at times I find myself either moderating my posts or nixing some ideas altogether in the interest of not seeming self-indulgent. It's a battle with the primary goal of this blog as a place to put my unvarnished ideas and experiences versus modesty and self-restraint. To make matters worse, in order to allow this blog to be searchable via Goggle and other search engines, I had to remove the adult content warning, thereby causing me to moderate my postings even further.

Not sure what to do about all of this. If anyone who is reading this also maintains a blog or something similar, and has had to deal with similar issues, I'd love to hear how you dealt with this.

1 comment:

creating my life said...

u r not alone in this dilemma. i simply write whatever I want to write, even if it is sexually explicit, because i dont think that many people read my blog. I have done that in my previous blog and no body has complained. now with blogger, I shall just wait until someone complains and then my blog will go under the sexual content warning banner. otherwise i shall continue under the general banner. there is a compromise, and that is to toggle some posts as private,(there is a button to make it so but u have to press that) so only those who u allow will be able to read it. I could not be bothered. it will be rather more interesting for me anyway, if u write about the ' situations happening' moments, haha. but u may have to blur the location and venue, to protect the venue's privacy. And of course it would mean that u bare your soul to the world... something u may not wish to do. And getting adverse comments, which u might not be able to handle. for myself, i have never had any nasty comments, or rather I dont chose to interpret them as such and so as far as i m concerned all comments are constructive and indicative of the other person's point of view even if i disagree with them. But as i have said, my blog is so little read, no one bothers to attack whatever i write. haha. Long may it remain so.