Thursday, April 3, 2008

When Everything Is New Again

Yes, it is that time again. The time when everything around us feels new and fresh. The time when even rainy days feel good because we can't help but feel that each subsequent day will be better than the last because summer approaches.

I've always loved this time of year. I can't but help recall the warm spring days of my youth when I would stand in the outfield during little league baseball practice. For me, I think that spring will be forever associated with these memories. But somehow I don't think I've ever quite enjoyed the seasonal transition quite as much as I have this year. Perhaps it is because I have cut my work schedule back a bit and have more time to appreciate it. Whatever the reason, I find myself noticing each tree that starts budding and each flower that blossoms, and every single one brings a smile to my face.

I've always loved the warm weather. I love being able to go outside in just shorts and a tank top. I love that others have shed the vestiges of winter and have exposed their naked skin to the elements. I love that we are no longer confined separately to our homes under the night sky. I love that we have sunlight until 10 PM and that we can go for walks or play sports 'most any day of the week.

Quite simply, I love summer.

No comments: