Monday, April 28, 2008

Pool Party

Today I went to an SDS-sponsored nude, pool party hosted by a couple. Although Saturday had been over 80 degrees and sunny, Sunday turned out to be a bit colder and overcast. Luckily the pool and two hot tubs where heated. About 15 guys attended, conversation was very good and it was overall a very enjoyable outing.

Since I moved from the Northern Virginia suburbs a couple of years ago, and got into nudism last November, I've met a lot of new people that I otherwise would not have met. Since I moved into city proper, I've had several people invite me to events that I never attended. Now it's funny because everything seems to be coalescing to reveal a sizable and healthy alternative in the area to the traditional gay bars and clubs.

I guess it should be surprising. Why wouldn't like-minded people find each other? And wouldn't such groups of people be spread through word-of-mouth and invitations with the more public groups having a web presence? Perhaps I'm only surprised to get a beginning glance at how big is the iceberg beneath the water line.

No comments: