Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Rock On

Ok, although my mind works much like a computer (except for my memory), and although I make my living by programming computers, I've never been that much into video games. I've always find them vaguely interesting and marveled that their graphics, but games have never been able to hold my interest for very long.

Recently, I was over my brothers house visiting his family (wife + 2 children) and my mom and dad, who were visiting from New York. My nephew is game fanatic and has every console and game known to man. My brother, who is 10 years my senior, told me that I had to try this game Rock Band. I had seen it played on South Park and new it was the new craze, but never really was exposed to it.

My brother played guitar and I played bass. Man was it fun. I love music (I play at guitar and piano), and found the game to give very satisfactory when the right notes were hit. It seems like something that I could really enjoy. I decided that I had to get my BF over so that I could convince him how much we need this game.

A week later, my BF and I had arranged a time that we could go back to my brother's house. When we got there, we all played. At one point, my nephew was singing, my brother on drums, I was playing guitar and my BF on the base. We were absolutely terrible, but again it was fun beyond words. My BF had fun, but vetoed putting down $500 for a new PS/3 and another $200 for the game.

Well, it has been 3 weeks since then, and I just learned some great news. There has been news that the company that created Rock Band are adapting it for the Wii (which I already own) and is planning to start selling it in June. I can't wait!

No comments: