Wednesday, July 16, 2008

FTL Part 2

Well overall the trip was fantastic. Since this was my first trip I think I will be forever in love with Ft. Lauderdale. We were traveling with a good friend of ours who is basically what I call a social whore. I say this because he is not shy and so loves meeting new people. This is probably a large part of the reason that we met so many nice people while we were there, making the trip even more fun. It wasn't planned, but we ended up renting a blue mustang convertible to get to and from the Haulover.

Haulover itself was definitely a blast and well-worth the trip. We did get some intermittent thunderstorms, but we also had some patches of nice weather too. What can I say about the beach.... Everything was perfect. The water was beautiful, clear and calm. There are no jagged rocks and shells cutting up your feet in the water. The drop off is so gradual that you can walk out quite aways before the water gets too deep. There's a nice sand bar that you can swim out too even beyond that. And the men! Oh, the men! They were beautiful and plentiful and even nice to talk to.

I remember the cute latino boy that I talked with that asked his supposedly straight friend for permission to talk to me and then pleaded for my email address. Later, after rethinking through all the weirdness of that situation I concluded that the friend must have been his pimp. I remember another latino boy that was very shyly checking out my stuff. All shyness left him after he took a puff of something and then started to publicly protest his sudden love for chocolate. I remember Dwayne, the beautiful and very nice black boy visiting from New York City who had an absolutely perfect body and face. I remember the three guys we "discretely" walked by to check them out only to have them stop us. I remember how the one laying down gave us a very nice little show. Yes, I definitely love Haulover.

The wonderful thing about the guesthouse/hotel is that their public area is so inviting that everyone spends a lot of time there. Therefore, we got to meet and spend time with nearly everyone staying there. After getting a little drunk on Friday night and therefore being a little indiscreet, my friend would introduce me to everyone as the one in locked in the 69 by the pool on Friday night. To which everyone would respond, "oh I remember you."

Well it was fantastic trip and I can't wait to return.

No comments: