Thursday, May 1, 2008

Black, Gay and Nude!

A friend I met through an online, nudist website referred me to a gay, nudist group for people of color that he was a member of. Apparently, this group has members that span the north-eastern coast from New York to Washington, DC and perhaps beyond. Their primary activities seem to be movie nights at member's houses and periodic trips to Gunnison Beach in Sandy Hook, NJ.

I haven't yet had the chance to participate in any activities with them, but am looking forward to it. It's funny, but growing up in an all-black neighborhood, I was always told that only white people did "that" foolish stuff, where "that" could refer anything slightly out of the norm or considered different. Certainly both being gay and a nudist would both have qualified in my neighborhood. Of course this is totally ridiculous, but I still feel a certain bond with black guys who are not afraid to break stereotypes and just be themselves no matter how different that may be. That's one of the reasons that I'm really looking forward to meeting the guys in the group and spending time getting to know them. BTW, the group is for people of color. This also includes Latinos, so my BF will be joining me at their events.

Another point of interest that inspired this post is that this group is yet another example of the (not so) secret sub-culture that lies beneath the typical, commercial gay venues. Since I could find any mention of the group using web searches, I must assume that they wish to remain private and therefore have purposely omitted the group's name.

5/2 UPDATE: The group has just scheduled it's next nude movie night for next week. It happens to be at the friend's house that first told me about the group. He has a nice outdoor hot tub that seats 5 comfortably, but I'm sure it's even better when a few more squeeze in.

3 comments:

Dallas Goodbar said...

I'm a black man living in New York and would like to get to know some fellow nudists. I heard about Sandy Hook and would like to attend with the men of color nudist group. Could you forward an address to where I could register to become a member of this group?

nudeindc said...

No problem. So far it seems like a good group from what I've seen. Basically, I'd have to submit your name/email to the fearless leader, so if you send it to me I'll forward it on.

liltweze said...

im loking for a gay black nudist group to become apart of in the dc area........is it possible for you to help me out with finding one? you can email me at liltweze@yahoo.com.......thanks for making your blog!