Thursday, May 8, 2008

FLDS Revised

I guess I should admit that I was wrong in my prior post. Although I still believe the tenant behind the post that each case should be reviewed individually, the medical reviews of the children have changed my mind.

Namely the fact that 50% of the underage girls have shown signs of either being or having been pregnant. I know in some states, girls are allowed to marry under the age of 13 with their parent's consent, but this wouldn't even apply in this case since most of the marriages are religious (not legally recognized) so that they can get around the polygamy issue. Therefore, the only conclusion is that these girls have been the victims of statutory rape and should therefore be removed from parental custody. Furthermore, a whopping number like 50% shows a definite pattern of and direct link to the group (religion aside) that does warrant the removal of the other 50% of the girls as well. I still don't see just cause why the boys should be removed at this time though.

1 comment:

creating my life said...

here is further news that justifies ur first post doubting the custody of all the children.
'But the state was on the defensive even before this week's appeal ruling. Officials opted to make the raid after receiving an anonymous phone call from an under-age girl within the compound pleading to be rescued. However, that girl was never identified and it increasingly looks as if the phone call was a hoax.'
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/no-justification-for-raid-on-texas-mormon-ranch-833590.html
where did u read that statistic u gave... 50% of the underaged girls are pregnant? it is an impossible high number and should be verified.