Thursday, May 8, 2008

World Naked Bike Ride Update

No word yet on whether we will be able to make the ride completely nude, but the WNBR's Washington DC website seems to indicate that that is their intent. At this point, I am leaning pretty heavily toward participating. I've previously considered participating in an alternate city such as Chicago or even Toronto, but I think I'll just stay in my hometown. Which brings up another point... For me, it would be easier to go nude in another city than to think of riding up and down Pennsylvania and Constitution avenues with stops at the Capital and White House. But at least I won't have to fly anywhere. To see all of my posts on WNBR click here.

I think I've found the perfect backup wear for the occasion. On the DC WNBR's website someone recommended a Banana Peel. I've just ordered one in a dark brown (pictured at right), which hopefully will pretty closely match my skin color and become nearly invisible when worn. Currently I think I'll dress in just the peel, sneakers and sun glasses with the idea of removing the peel if at all possible. When my new peel arrives, I'll try to post of picture of what I'd look like on my bicycle in my planned outfit.

There's power in numbers, so if your interested in accompanying me, join the DC Yahoo Group.

No comments: